Monday, January 5, 2009


A Rainy Day





The rain on that day dropped hard on earth
Not to wake the sleepy buds but to
Arouse in me my vainer thoughts that
Dries my heart and wets my eyes

Reminding me of a face ;handsome yet cruel
Shattering the mirror of my heart
His sweet voice stored poison for me
Yet consumed it out of his love

I shut my eyes and closed my windows
But it kept knocking at my door
Soaking my face with blood and
Left me in contemplation

It often comes as though to visit me
But mocked at me very often
Laughing at my face and smiling at
My storm laden heart

But the same rain remain shocked
To see a rainbow in my eyes
And a rose too in my cheeks which
was once marred with the thorns of deceits

Unaware of the return of the almighty
Who deserted me as my soul was under
t he captivity of a deceived love
Now is happy free and serene

The rain in disbelief flee like a lost soldier
It failed to water my eyes and mind
And it shook its head and looked for
Other preys to be mocked at

The last tears that i shed washed away
All my sinful memories about him
Now with a pure heart and soul
I devote myself to Him [god]


aswathy

No comments:

Post a Comment